Lead

Feb 1 15 1:05 PM

Tags : :

Advert Rules.
When you post an advert, please make sure you adhere to the following guidelines.
You must include:
Manufacturer
Model

Pictures are recommended but optional
Try to make your description as descriptive as possible. Remember that equipment sold privately are still bound by the Sale of Goods Act, which means they must be accurately described and must mention any faults which the buyer should know about. 

You must not post adverts which dont include a price, which includes "Offers" thread. Please be very clear about what you are looking for, and include a price regardless.

I'm about to buy something from a user, what should I check before sending money?
Be sensible, you could be effectively sending money to a stranger! 

Research the user, check their profile and previous posts, ask them for their real name, contact number and if possible an address. 
If it puts your mind at rest call them and speak to them.

DO NOT use bank transfer, you have pretty much no come back.
Use Paypal and never send via Gift, Paypal charge for sending money so YOU have a come back if there are issues.

I'm selling something, how can I make sure it goes smoothly?
Give a good description of what you're selling and take lots of pictures. Try to name a price of the items you have for sale, and when creating the thread put a short description or list of a few of the main parts you are selling in the thread title.

Ensure you can send the parts out or arrange collection/drop off shortly after receiving money from them, don't sell if you don't have time to send the bits out! In some cases however, delays may be unavoidable. If you think you may be delayed in sending an item, let the buyer know.

I think I've been ripped off, what can I do?
If something has gone wrong with a transaction, you should resolve this directly with the buyer/seller. If Paypal was used for the transaction, you can begin the dispute process via the Paypal website.

Worthing Astronomers accepts no responsibility for any private sales conducted through our forum. We will not pursue individuals on your behalf, and cannot release information about people, even if you think they're scamming people. We will of course be happy to co-operate with any formal investigations by the authorities.

In some circumstances, where it is clear that an individual is using our forum for illegal purposes, we will remove their access to some or all of the forums. This is only in exceptional circumstances, and should be reported directly to a member of the moderating team by PM. 

Under no circumstances should you start threads on any forum accusing individuals of scamming or ripping people off. These threads will be deleted without notification.